Mon, Jun 15|
Peru Plant Medicine Dieta
We are offering a Plant Dieta in the Amazon rainforest in Peru. The Dieta is an ancient shamanic tradition for deepening awareness, spiritual connection and physical healing. This 10-day retreat in the heart of the Amazonian rainforest is both a transformational and transcendental experience.
Time & Location
Jun 15, 2020, 7:00 PM – Jun 28, 2020, 11:00 AM
Munay , Pucallpa, Peru
About the Event
Jungle Retreat in Peru with Don Jose Campos, June 15th-28th, 2020 (Excludes travel time to Lima)
We are offering a Plant Dieta in the Amazon rainforest in Peru. The Dieta is an ancient shamanic tradition for deepening awareness, spiritual connection, and physical healing. This 10-day retreat in the heart of the Amazonian rainforest is both a transformational and transcendental experience.
“Every tree, every plant, has a spirit. People may say that the plant has no mind. I tell them that the plant is alive and conscious. A plant may not talk, but there is a spirit in it that is conscious, that sees everything, which is the soul of the plant, its essence, what makes it alive. The channels through which the water and sap move are the veins of the spirit. “ Pablo Amaringo
The Dieta is 10 days long. It starts by traveling up the Ucayali River to a remote location in the Amazon that is known as Munay (which means "to love"). Each person will have their own private hut or "tambo". The daily diet will be bland (salt and sugar-free) and consists of quinoa/brown rice/potato, green plantains, steamed carrots, avocado, river fish and the occasional chicken or boiled egg.
During the Dieta you'll also be drinking other plant teas for healing that will be chosen by the shaman in accordance with your physical/spiritual intention. On every other evening, we will gather together in the Maloca (ceremony space) to share in a traditional Ayahuasca ceremony. While this is not a silent retreat, it is recommended that you maintain an introspective focus and limit social interactions with other participants.
Requirements to attend:
If you are searching for a deep experience, physical and spiritual and/or you would like to deepen your relationship with Ayahuasca and other plant teachers, then this Dieta is strongly recommended. The dieta is akin to what Joseph Campbell refers to as the “hero’s journey.” In order to be a part of this Dieta you must not be on any medications (herbal or pharmaceutical) that are contraindicated to drinking Ayahausca.
- Sat June 14th - Early Arrival (Recommended but optional)
- Sun June 15th - Arrive in Lima, Peru (Not included in cost)
- Mon June 16th - Travel from Lima/Pucallpa. Dinner and lodging in Don Jose Guest House in Pucallpa
- Tue June 17th - Morning departure for the jungle. Lunch and Dinner included
- Wed June 18th - Dieta Day. 1st Ceremony
- Thurs June 19th - Rest
- Fri June 20th - 2nd Ceremony
- Sat June 21st - Rest
- Sun June 22nd - 3rd Ceremony
- Mon June 23rd - Rest
- Tues June 24th - 4th Ceremony
- Wed June 25th - Rest
- Thurs June 26th - 5th and final ceremony (dieta ends after this)
- Fri June 27th - Return to Pucallpa. Arrive at 1:00 pm. Dinner and lodging provided
- Sat June 28th - Breakfast provided. Return to Lima
The price of $2000 USD for your dieta with Don Jose Campos includes:
- Pucallpa airport pick up and ground transportation to Don Jose’s Inn
- 2 nights stay at Don Jose’s Inn in Pucallpa (before and after the dieta)
- Transportation to and from Munay Campsite (4 hours car and boat trip each way)
- 10 days lodging and dieta at Munay
- 5 ayahuasca ceremonies guided by Don Jose
- 2 dieta style group dinners at Don Jose’s Inn
- 2 dieta style breakfasts at Don Jose’s Inn
The full details for payment, bank information, etc. will be sent to you once you are sure of your commitment to this dieta.
A $1000 USD non-refundable deposit to secure your spot. Final payment to Don Jose when you arrive in Peru.